The NAEA Women’s Caucus exists to eradicate gender discrimination in all areas of art education, to support women art educators in their professional endeavors and to educate the general public about the contributions of women in the arts.
Call for 2016 Awards Nomination
The NAEA Women's Caucus invites nominations for the annual awards for 2016.
Please think about outstanding people you know, and send nomination materials to the award chairs for these awards.
Nominators may send all nomination materials electronically (preferably in a single pdf) to the respective listed Chairs of the award committee.
DEADLINE: The deadline for submitting 2016 awards application materials to Award Chairs is NOV 15, 2015.
Please go to the awards page for details and the criteria for each award OR you can download the PDF.
Send the complete nomination packet in digital form preferably as a single PDF to the respective Award Chair on or before NOVEMBER 15, 2015.
Mary J. Rouse Award--Lisa Kay email@example.com
June King Mc Fee Award--Karen Keifer-Boyd firstname.lastname@example.org
Maryl Fletcher De Jong Award--Cynthia Bickley-Green email@example.com
Carrie Nordlund Award--Stephanie Wirt Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Connors Award--Linda Hoeptner-Poling email@example.com
Call for Chapter Proposal
CALL FOR CHAPTERS FOR THE NAEA WOMEN'S CAUCUS LOBBY ACTIVISM BOOK (based on Lobby Session Themes since 2008) Editors: Karen Keifer-Boyd, Linda Hoeptner-Poling, Sheri Klein, Wanda B. Knight, and Adetty Perez de Miles. DEADLINE: SEPT 15, 2015. For more details click here.
Call for Art: Leading by Visual Voice : WC NAEA Exhibit
Please consider submitting work to the 2016 exhibition, themed Leading by Visual Voice. This is a juried exhibit with an accompanying catalog. Work will be included in a session at the NAEA conference in Chicago. Entry is free to any WC member and a wonderful opportunity to share your visual voice with others. You'll be receiving a separate invitation to submit, or you follow the steps listed below.
Steps for submitting to the 2016 Women's Caucus juried exhibition Leading by Visual Voice:
1. Renew your WC membership (if you are not a member, you may join): http://www.arteducators.org/community/membership; select “renew” or “join” and follow the steps.
2. You will need a gmail account. If you have a gmail account, please proceed to step three. To create a “gmail” email account, go to http://mail.google.com/ and select “gmail” on the top right and follow the steps to set up the account.
3. From your gmail account, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and a request to submit to the exhibition. You will receive a return email invitation to submit artwork.
4. In the invitation email, click on the link “Contribute photos to this album.” Upload 1-3 jpeg images of 300 dpi resolution by dragging them from their location on your home computer to the window on Picassa titled “Drag photos here.” Alternatively, you may click on "Select photos from your computer” and add them. Please note that your images need to be 300 dpi, with a minimum dimension of 8” height or width. Because this is a print catalog, if your images are accepted, they will need to meet these minimum specifications.
5. You must add text information. To do so, click on the photo and then click on “Add a caption” beneath the photo. Text information must include:
a. Artist name and email address
b. Artwork title
c. Date completed
d. Media and size
e. For the first image, add an artist statement discussing the content related to the theme Leading by Visual Voice. Your text needs to be limited to 150 words (or 1024 characters).
UPLOAD DEADLINE: November 1, 2015
Questions can be directed to: Elizabeth Garber at email@example.com
2015 NAEA WC Retreat: Lake Erie (Aug. 8-9)
INVITATION to the 2015 Women’s Caucus retreat on a Lake Erie beach around a bonfire. Yoga, swim, beach bonfire, patriarchy burning, feminist apron story telling on the shores of Lake Erie, east of Cleveland. Sleep under the stars, backyard tent, or bring an airmattress for indoors. Come for the weekend, August 8-9, or just the bonfire on Saturday night, August 8. Activities might include a visit to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame or the Cleveland Art Museum. Croquet or crochet, draw and paint, make art from driftwood, create a sand mandala, engage in creative practice, toss horseshoes on the beach symbolic of what you want to wrap yourself around in the year ahead, or group together for writing workshops and dialogue.
To RSVP and for more information contact Karen Keifer-Boyd, firstname.lastname@example.org