CALL FOR ENTRIES: The Women's Caucus Exhibition 2014: Fusion
Members of the NAEA Women's Caucus are invited to submit entries for the 2014 Women's Caucus Exhibition, "Fusion."
Fusion is energy, coming together, creating sparks. It refers to ideas, cultures, art media, music, chemistry, physics, food.
Entries are due to the Women's Caucus 2014 Picassa website no later than December 1, 2013.
To upload images:
1. Please make sure that your Women's Caucus membership is current, or that you join WC before you submit. You may renew or join by visiting www.arteducators.org, clicking on "join," and scrolling down to and clicking on the Women's Caucus logo (please follow directions from there).
2. You need a Gmail address to submit. Please send your Gmail address to Elizabeth Garber at NAEAWCgallery@gmail.com.
3. Wait to receive an invitation email to submit photos.
NOW AVAILABLE: The Women's Caucus Exhibition Catalog 2013.
Click here to buy your copy*.
(*NAEAWC membership includes a gratis copy)
Saturday, March 3, 2012
7:30 - 8:50 AM
Hilton Nassau Suite A 2nd Floor, NAEA Convention NYC
Women's Caucus BYOB
with Regional Artist Speaker Howardena Pindell
BYOB (bring your own breakfast) and begin the day viewing Women's Caucus member art during informal conversation, followed by speaker Howardena Pindell, who's work is noted for its political and social content based on her experiences as an emerging African American artist during the Civil Rights Movement. Howardena Pindell has a lifetime of achievement as an artist, educator, and writer. She has remained an activist in the art community with her focus on exposing issues of race, censorship, and violence. Click here or on the image below for the BYOB program.
2012 NAEA Women's Caucus Art Exhibition Catalog
Color print-based exhibition catalogues are distributed to WC members at the exhibition session, business and board meetings, and at the breakfast. Linked here is a pdf of the 2012 exhibition catalog. Prior years' catalogs are linked at the Exhibition area below in the WC website.
- 2013 Artwork Entries Due November 1, 2012. Contact Elizabeth Garber for details.
CREATE ART FOR THE 2013 WC EXHIBITION: Nourish yourself with creative activity as a visual form of inquiry through artmaking. Send 1-3 images of your artwork for juried selection for exhibition at NAEA in Fort Worth, Texas in March 2013. See http://naeawc.net/exhibitions.html for past years' exhibition catalogs and further information on submitting work to the Women's Caucus annual exhibition. WC will continue the online process for submission of artworks, and for the juror to review the submissions for inclusion in the 2013 WC exhibition. The selected artworks will also be shown at an NAEA session with artists speaking about their work, and as a looped presentation during the WC breakfast. Selected works are published in an online and print-based exhibition catalog, which is provided to WC members along with the print-based President's Annual Report.
2011 NAEA Women's Caucus Art Exhibition Catalog
- Women's Caucus Breakfast with Regional Artist Speaker Ellen Garvens: Ellen Garvens was the 2011 WC exhibition juror and WC breakfast speaker at NAEA 2011 in Seattle. Color print-based exhibition catalogs were distributed to WC members at the exhibition session, business and board meetings, and at the breakfast. WC members who did not pick up their exhibition catalog at the WC events, should have received the catalog by postal mail in April. If you did, not please contact membership chair, Heather Fountain.
Linked here is a pdf of the 2011 exhibition catalog.
2010 NAEA Women's Caucus Art Exhibition Catalog
Download .pdf 2010 catalog here
2009 NAEA Women's Caucus Art Exhibition Catalog
Click here for an animation by WC member Tingting Wang.